Who is Native Shoes looking for? + Why should I apply?
Seasonal Sales Associates
Spend the Spring & Summer 2019 season with us in Nantucket, MA at our Pop Up Store! Located within the Straight Wharf, this is an unparalleled opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience in one of the best travel destinations in North America.
As a Sales Associate, you are the face of our brand, representing who we are and what we stand for with every guest that enters our store. You will be responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience through excellent product knowledge, solution oriented mindset and ability to strike up a conversation with anyone about anything.
What would I be responsible for?
- Be a strong contributor to the Native Shoes retail floor experience through your positive attitude and constant ability to grow & elevate your skills
- Be knowledgeable and up to date on company communication, product knowledge, priorities, launches and any additional information required by the Store Manager
- Utilize Point of Sale (POS) system, process payments, refunds/exchanges and issue gift cards
- Receive and process stock, involving: unpacking, counting, tagging as required, sizing and merchandising on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and stored areas
- Support with inventory management including receiving, processing, restocking + destocking, and visual merchandising
- Answer store phones and respond to voicemails and store email account as needed
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, you perform/complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Experience in retail environment is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the store
- Experience cash handling and open and closing
- Enthusiastic in a retail environment, for developing colleagues and for driving strong sales results
- Strong sense of personal style and passionate about the Native Brand
- Extraordinary proven leadership capabilities and invested in educating others
- Excellent problem resolution skills and dealing with difficult customer situations as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Passion for design and footwear
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to independently organize and prioritize tasks and workload
- Takes direction and responds favourably to change
- Assumes ownership and accountability for projects
Can lift to 30lbs - reasonable accommodations will be made for any employee when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.