COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
Current Orders - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Massachusetts is currently in Phase 3, Part 1 (as of July 6, 2020) - allowing for gyms, museums, movie theaters and more to resume some operations, with continued social distancing, face-covering and increased hygiene practices in place. Restaurants continue to serve people outside and limited inside, lodging is open, retail is open and more. View the full list here!
- Stay at Home Advisory Rescinded: Effective Monday, January 25th at 5:00am, the DPH Stay at Home Advisory for the hours of 10pm – 5am is rescinded.
- Early Closure of Businesses Order Rescinded: Effective Monday, January 25th at 5:00am, the Mandatory Early Closure of Businesses Order requiring certain businesses to close by 9:30pm will be rescinded.
- Temporary Capacity and Gathering Limits Extended: The 25% temporary capacity and gathering limits remain in place until 5:00 AM on Monday February 8th.
- Governor Charlie Baker announced the four-part reopening plan for Massachusetts, outlining what both individuals and businesses must do to safely return to work.
- LOCAL EMERGENCY ORDER No. 13 - All persons who are not exempt, shall wear a face covering over their mouth and nose when in public and within six feet of another person, and at all times when within the bounds of the Nantucket Old Historic District and the Siasconset Historic District. Applies to all places open to the public, whether indoors or outdoors. Read the full order here
- LOCAL EMERGENCY ORDER No. 14 - Requirements for Construction and Landscaping Sites effective November 13, 2020. All construction & landscaping jobsites shall comply with the Massachusetts SectorSpecific Workplace Safety Standards for Construction Sites to Address Covid-19 as of July 24, 2020 and the Massachusetts Construction MA COVID-19 Checklist. Landscape jobsites with five (5) or fewer workers on site shall comply with the requirements for Construction and Remodeling in 1-3 Family Residences. View the full order here
- TRAVEL ADVISORY - TRAVEL SAFELY TO NANTUCKET: Read details of this travel order and see all lower-risk / exempt states here!
- TRAVEL ADVISORY - TRAVEL SAFELY TO NANTUCKET: All visitors/ returning residents must fill out a Massachusetts Traveler Form and quarantine for 14-days unless they are coming from a state that has been designated a lower risk COVID-19 state or fall into an exemption category. Read details of this travel order and see all lower-risk / exempt states here!
- While the initial guidance to quarantine for 14 days after exposure still stands, this additional guidance will allow those who have been exposed to COVID to test out of quarantine after 10 days if they meet ALL parameters - see all information here
- Find Food - See a list of Nantucket restaurants offering delivery, takeout and curbside pick-up.
- Explore Concierge Services – have groceries and other items delivered or stocked for you
- Enjoy Virtual Experiences - View the list of virtual experiences happening on Nantucket
- Shop Local Online – See a variety of merchandise and gift card items from our members in our Chamber Marketspace
- Find Open Businesses - Here's a list of members that are currently open for business.
- Use Our Visit Widget – find open business and plan your visit on our site or our app
- Virtually Explore Videos & Photos - Immerse yourself in our stunning beauty through virtual reality
- Stay Connected - By signing up to receive our visitor e-newsletter
- Get Great Travel-Planning Ideas - by ordering our 2020 Official Nantucket Guide or planning your visit with our new app (you can also view our Guidebook online here)
- Help the Community - We have so many incredible nonprofits doing amazing things here on Nantucket, especially during this crisis. Please consider supporting them during this time.
- Essential Guide to Nantucket 2020
- View the REGION-WIDE GUIDANCE RELEASED FOR SEASONAL RESIDENTS AND VISITORS TO CAPE COD AND ISLANDS through Senator Cyr's office
COVID-19 Resources for Businesses -Updated Jan 26, 2021
LOCAL:KEEP THE ROCK SOLID INITIATIVE: Centralized resources to help local businesses overcome the challenges of operating during the pandemic.
- Keep the Rock Solid Website - Give, Get, Share.
- Keep the Rock Solid (WACK) - Radio Interviews of owners sharing innovative approaches to operating in this environment
- Keep the Rock Solid (NCTV) - Educational programming on financial topics ranging from SBA loans to unemployment
- Learn more about our Rock Solid Fund here
TOWN OF NANTUCKET:
- Latest Emergency Orders (date)
- Economic Impact Survey Results Report (Oct. 2020)
- Back To Business Toolkit
- Economic Recovery Taskforce Roundtables Summary Report / May 2020 - Read the summary for each industry here!
- To view the Town of Nantucket's task forces, click here
OTHER CHAMBER RESOURCES:
- View all upcoming Chamber Educational Workshops here
- Members can submit items & gift cards to the Chamber Marketspace
- NICE Business Consulting - click here to learn more
- Fogged In Bookkeeping - Unemployment Highlights in a Time of Coronavirus
OFFICIAL ORDERS & GUIDELINES
- Latest Emergency Orders
- ReOpening Four-Phase Approach - The Massachusetts economy will be reopened using a four-phase approach, based on public health guidance. Learn more here
- Guidance for industries on the reopening plan
- ReOpening Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces - Learn more here!
- Business sector certifications and check lists and further details can be found here.
- A Note to Employers from Sec. Kennealy from November 27, 2020 - read it here!
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has made $50.8 million in grants available to support small businesses, microenterprises, and their employees, families and communities. Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation (MGCC) will be administering these funds to businesses experiencing economic hardship and a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more & apply here! Applications open 10/22 - 11/12 at 12pm
- Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance Announces Guidance On CARES ACT Implementation
SMALL BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
- The SBA has posted the new application forms for the next round of PPP. There are two forms - one for those that did not apply for PPP in the past, and one for those applying for a second round of PPP. Banks can begin accepting applications this Wednesday (contact your bank to determine exactly when they will open their process and in what priority they will accept applications). Click here for first time borrowers. Click here for second time borrowers.
- PPP Forgiveness Q&A
- PPP Forgiveness EZ Application
- EIDL Program
- Main Street Lending Program
- Support via SCORE
Support Local BusinessesRally for Restaurants is encouraging consumers to buy gift cards for local restaurants during the pandemic and they will donate $1 to organizations supporting the community through Toast.orgThe NBA Community BOOSTER Program: a new, community-wide initiative to support local restaurants. For every $50 gift card purchased from one of the local food-establishment Partners, the NBA will provide an extra $10 "boost" incentive, for a total $60 value! In addition, all Partner establishments will donate 10% of their gift card proceeds to the Nantucket Food Pantry.
Keeping the Community updated on resources and services available to keep our community healthy
Resources and Assistance for our Community
- Nantucket Food, Fuel, and Rental Assistance
- The Community Foundation of Nantucket & Immigration Resource Center, expanded the current grant to support workers needing to quarantine. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 774-325-6824 to learn more.
- Grocery Delivery Services; Nantucket Concierge - 508-332-0070, Wildflower Concierge - 617-875-2494
- Nantucket Neighbor connects able-bodied people with those who need help. They can pick up groceries/meals, deliver firewood, walk your dog, check on someone you care about, etc.
- The Food Pantry implemented new procedures and protocols by providing food through a home delivery program. They are adding new clients and will continue to do so to the extent possible. If you have questions or need to register e-mail email@example.com.
- Learn More & Apply for the Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program - provides food, baby formula, nutritional counseling, and breastfeeding help for free.
- Massachusetts eviction prevention and homeless assistance programs
- Assistance Programs for Massachusetts Residents
- Massachusetts Utility Assistance
- Massachusetts Medical Assistance
- Health Imperatives Providing Services by Telephone and Online During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Governor Baker ordered all health insurances to waive any deductibles/copayments effective immediately as long as the MA State of Emergency is in effect.
- Nantucket Family Counseling is offering tele-therapy/phone therapy! Call, e-mail or text at 508-680-6974 to set up an appointment!
- A Safe Place, Inc. Nantucket is still responding to emergency cases to the emergency room and police department. Please call their 24-Hour Hotline at 508-228-2111
- Palliative & Supportive Care of Nantucket & Marla Ceely Lamb Cancer Travel Fund is providing counseling, support groups, & consults by phone/video conferencing. Patient care volunteers continue to check on patients & offer assistance where they can. Anyone dealing with life-threatening illness or grief is encouraged to call (508) 825-8325 or visit www.pascon.org
How You Can Help
- Nantucket Neighbor connects able-bodied people with those who need help in order to make sure the hospital & police are not overburdened. We can pick up groceries or meals, deliver firewood, walk your dog, check on someone you care about, etc.
- ACK SAVES is a privately funded community initiative established by year-round and seasonal Nantucket residents to help serve the immediate and emergent financial needs of our individual islanders and their families during and in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and Nantucket's subsequent Stay at Home order.
- The Food Pantry. Become a volunteer! Donate by dropping off unexpired & unopened items at the food pantry (10 Washington St.) Tuesday & Thursdays 4-6 PM and Wednesdays 9-11 AM or at the drop off box at the Stop & Shop on Sparks Ave.
- Learn How To Support NCH’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Support the Community Foundation’s Nantucket Fund for Emergency Relief