Welcome to all of our weekend guests and new friends! We're excited to have your here to kick-off another amazing summer season!!!
Check out theses 5 fun, fabulous and family friendly things to do this weekend!
1. Figawi!!!! Recognized as a top sailing event the Northeast and around the world the annual Figawi Race weekend attracts thousands of sailing enthusiasts from all over the country. Head down to Brant Point Saturday afternoon to watch the action as 200 sailboats from all over the U.S and Caribbean race into the Harbor.
2. Who doesn't love a Monarch Butterfly? The Hayloft at Bartlett's Farm is the place to be Saturday at 11 AM, Emily Molden, NLC's Resource Ecologist will share her very cool and insightful Monarch Adventures
3. Take some time honor those that courageously served our country-join in the Memorial day parade. Meet at 1 PM Sunday afternoon at the American Legion Hall and march to the Prospect Hill Cemetery. It's a great way to celebrate part of your weekend with family, friends, scouts and neighbors. Tip your hat and thank local and visiting Veteran's! Be sure to say hello to Nicky Duarte, Master of Ceremonies and legendary Nantucketer.
4. Foodies, we're talking to you! Enjoy a fabulous lunch in town at any one of our eclectic eateries. Afterward jump on the Cisco Brewers shuttle, located at Nantucket Visitor Services, 25 Federal Street, and head out to the brewery for some sunshine and great live music. Kids of all ages and pets are welcome. Don't forget the sunscreen!
5. Take a tour, walking, driving, history, harbor, photography, bike, the list goes on and on. Call (508-228-3643) or stop up to the Chamber and we'll hook you up!
Okay, let's make it six..
6. Head to the beach, south shore for big kids who want to body surf or boogie board, north shore for our younger folks looking for a gentle paddle. Even though it's a bit chilly pack a picnic, bring a book, collect some beautiful shells and enjoy the scenery. If you're lucky enough you may get to say hello to a super cute seal, better yet, Moby himself. All of our 80 plus miles of beaches are FREE!
Whatever you get up to this weekend, enjoy it! Have fun, enjoy creating great memories and finding new friends.
Please remember there is plenty of Public Transportation, leave your car at home hop on the WAVE, rent a bike or catch a taxi.
And when your weekend comes to a close, please take lifelong memories and leave only footprints.