The Nantucket Island Chamber of Commerce is the island’s only business organization dedicated to the growth and success of all its member businesses.
Marketing & Promotion
• In FY15, we spent in excess of $265,000 advertising Nantucket and our member businesses year-round to the world. Ads and commercials have appeared in Times Square NYC, The Boston Globe, Boston.com, Horizon Travel Magazine, Horizontravel.com, Yankee Magazine as well as several other venues and publications. Visitor e-blasts reach an audience of 15,000 potential visitors 10 times annually.
We successfully promote our members and destination vial social media all year long!
HEALTH INSURANCE BENFITS
•Provided through Health Service Admisitraors
“The Chamber supports and advertises so much that goes on [here]….There’s a lot that wouldn’t be happening if not for the Chamber.”
• Our knowledgeable staff fields thousands of inquiries via mail, fax, phone and e-mail from tourists and islanders seeking information on island businesses. We recommend ONLY Chamber members! Our new and improved website allows you to view referrals made to your business in real time.
“I joined the Chamber when I first opened my business as a way to meet other like-minded Nantucket business people. I have remained a member for 8 years, and continue to meet business people through the Chamber, and also because customers—especially newcomers to the Island—rely on the Chamber for referrals.”
FREE WEBSITE & GUIDEBOOK LISTING
• www.nantucketchamber.org with free links to your website and banner advertising opportunities. Our site received 22 million hits last year alone. The entire Guidebook is available in flipbook format on the homepage of the Chamber site, your ad links directly to your site.
• The Members-Only section enables you to embed video, images and logos, submit free event listings for our Community Calendar, and track online “visits” to your business.
• Free listing in our Annual Guidebook - over 50,000 copies distributed worldwide. Plus an on-line version with over 300,000 users.
“The website, by far, is the best new member benefit! It was….a huge plus for theChamber this year.”
“I joined the Chamber………to advertise in the Guidebook, which is a premier publication for Nantucket tourists.”
• We regularly update our PR & press contacts about island happenings.
• The Chamber hosts international FAM/Travel Writers who ultimately bring YOU more business.
• The Chamber contracts with a full service PR firm to promote our island and showcase our member businesses.
• Chamber-sponsored annual events include Daffodil Festival, Nantucket Noel including Stroll, Home For The Holidays, the Red Ticket Drawing and Nantucket New Yerar's. Our generous sponsors have their business name and/ or logo in our advertising, Guidebook, visitor e-blasts, on banners and more!
• Display your business brochures and cards in our office located in the heart of downtown Nantucket.
• Member business exposure through our social media pages
• Share information about your business with fellow members via our free monthly member-to-member e-bulletins. Offer discounts and special promotions
• Membership lists and visitor leads available for purchase.
• List your business events at no charge in our Official Daffodil and Stroll programs and on our website.
NETWORKING AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
• Business After Hours and Industry Leaders - Bi-monthly networking events are hosted by members to showcase their business and/or give a short speech on a timely business topic. Mingle, enjoy food and beverages from local caterers, participate in networking sessions, win door prizes and learn the latest news about fellow island businesses!
“….Business After Hours introduces us to many people that make up our community with whom we would not normally connect.”
“I love Business After Hours, I meet new people and pick-up new clients every time I attend!”
• Join our Social, Social Media group.
• Annual Fall Membership Dinner
• Spring Member Party
• Committee Involvement – PR/Marketing, Events, Community Initiatives/StudentMentoring Committees as well as a new Ambassador Program slated for the fall ensureour members become part of the process and are getting the most for their membership. Consider getting involved!
• Educational workshops – Recent monthly offerings have included Time Management,Team Nantucket Customer Service, free One-on-One Business Advisories through MA Small Business Development Center, Social Media, and Packaging Strategies. In addition, monthly think tank sessions for top executives and young entrepreneurs provides a comfortable space to discuss initiatives and challenges with like minded peers.
“The most exciting thing was the (Team Nantucket) Customer Service workshop that we all attended.”
Legislative Advocacy & Monitoring
• Advocacy at the local, state, regional and national levels for our island businesscommunity
• Governor’s Advocacy on Travel & Tourism – our Chamber represents Nantucket on the Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism (MOTT) council.
• Representation on various Town committees and initiatives including parking initiatives, Fourth of July fireworks, downtown revitalization and more
• Student Mentoring activities - providing Nantucket students with job fairs, summer internships, the Honor Roll Card, School-to-Work opportunities and scholarships.
• Cooperation with other non-profit organizations to benefit the community.
“As an island non-profit, we feel that joining the Chamber and taking advantage of the services they offer have helped spread the word of our mission and inform the public of events we offer.”
“The Chamber is one of the best ways to ensure growth of our business and community. Without a healthy Chamber, our community would not be as strong as it is.”