- It is typically difficult for visiting students and workers to find affordable summer housing. Please confer with prospective employers, as some may offer employee housing at reduced rates, or pass along information regarding landlords who have rented to their employees in the past. Otherwise, you’ll need to consult the classifieds section of our local newspaper The Inquirer and Mirror, their website www.ack.net, or the local website www.nantucket.net. Individuals seeking housing can post information regarding their requirements on nantucket.net.
We recommend that you secure housing prior to your island visit. If necessary,
the local youth hostel on Surfside Beach allows students and workers to stay
for no more than two weeks while searching. Check out their website at www.hiusa.org/massachusetts/nantucket. Camping is not allowed on Nantucket.
Bulletin boards are available to post both accommodation requests and availability ; workers may also post flyers at these locations:
- The Hub at Federal and Main streets
- Hatch’s Package Store (lower Orange Street)
- The Green (West Creek Road)
The Nantucket Police Station at 4 Fairgrounds Road is always open. Their non-emergency phone number is 508-228-1212.
Hospital & Wellness Information
If you are in need of emergency care, the Nantucket Cottage Hospital is located at 57 Prospect Street. You may also visit the Emergency Department as a walk-in for non-critical situations.
ATM & Bank Locations
- Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Zero Main Street
- Hingham Institution for Savings, 55 Main Street
- Nantucket Bank, 2 Orange Street
- Pacific National Bank (Bank of America), 61 Main Street
- The Pacific Club (Bank of America ATM), 15 Main Street
- Steamship Authority Terminal (Bank of America ATM), Steamboat Wharf
Out of Town:
- Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, 112 Pleasant Street
- Nantucket Bank, 104 Pleasant Street & 1 Amelia Drive
- Nantucket Memorial Airport, 14 Airport Road
- Pacific National Bank (Bank of America), 15 Sparks Avenue
- Stop & Shop (Bank of America ATM), 31 Sparks Avenue
- 'Sconset Market, 'Sconset (seasonal)