The Nantucket Island Chamber of Commerce is the island’s only business organization dedicated to the growth and success of all its member businesses.
• The ability to promote your business to a wider audience
• Extensive networking opportunities
• Educational programming
• Participation in local initiatives
• Statewide advocacy
• Involvement in Christmas Stroll & Daffodil Festival
• National and international advertising, PR and promotion
A recent poll by the Shapiro Group indicated that 63% of Americans prefer to do business with a Chamber-affiliated business.
We have acquired over 90 members in the last 17 months alone, and our new initiatives and expanded offerings are gaining considerable interest, making membership an important part of your business growth.
Whatever you reason for joining the Nantucket Island Chamber of Commerce, remember:
Together we can make a difference!
Marketing & Promotion
• In FY12, we spent over $235,000 on advertising the island. Ads have appeared in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, On the Water: Angler’s Magazine, Improper Bostonian, Boston Spirit Magazine, wickedlocal.com, MBTA.com, Gateway Newspapers (90+ newspapers Cape-wide), Facebook and other social media platforms, visitor e-blasts, and more!
“The Chamber supports and advertises so much that goes on [here]….There’s a lot thatwouldn’t be happening if not for the Chamber.”
• Our knowledgeable staff fields thousands of inquiries via mail, fax, phone and e-mail from tourists and islanders seeking information on island businesses. We recommend ONLY Chamber members! Our new and improved website allows you to view referrals made to your business in real time.
“I joined the Chamber when I first opened my business as a way to meet other like-minded Nantucket business people. I have remained a member for 8 years, and continue to meet business people through the Chamber, and also because customers—especially newcomers to the Island—rely on the Chamber for referrals.”
FREE WEBSITE & GUIDEBOOK LISTING
• www.nantucketchamber.org with free links to your website and banner advertising opportunities. Our site received 22 million hits last year alone.
• The Members-Only section enables you to embed video, images and logos, submit free event listings for our Community Calendar, and track online “visits” to your business.
• Free listing in our Annual Guidebook - over 50,000 copies distributed worldwide. Plus an on-line version with over 300,000 users.
“The website, by far, is the best new member benefit! It was….a huge plus for the Chamber this year.”
“I joined the Chamber………to advertise in the Guidebook, which is a premier publication for Nantucket tourists.”
• We regularly update our PR & press contacts about island happenings.
• The Chamber hosts international FAM/Travel Writers who ultimately bring YOU more business.
• The Chamber contracts with a full service PR firm to promote our island and showcase our member businesses.
• Chamber-sponsored annual events include Daffodil Festival, Nantucket Noel, Stroll & Red Ticket Drawing. Our generous sponsors have their business name and/ or logo in our advertising, our program, visitor e-blasts, on banners and more!
• Display your business brochures and cards in our office located in the heart of downtown Nantucket.
• Member business exposure through our social media pages
• Share information about your business with fellow members via our free monthly member-to-member e-bulletins.
• Membership lists and visitor leads available for purchase.
• List your business events at no charge in our Official Daffodil and Stroll programs, and on our website.
NETWORKING AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
• Business After Hours and Industry Leaders - Bi-monthly networking events are hosted by members to showcase their business and/or give a short speech on a timely business topic. Mingle, enjoy food and beverages from local caterers, participate in networking sessions, win door prizes and learn the latest news about fellow island businesses!
“….Business After Hours introduces us to many people that make up our community with whom we would not normally connect.”
“Business After Hours have brought so many new faces.” “ BAH ROCKS!”
• Chamber Breakfast Club is a new one-hour morning event allowing community business people to gather monthly for coffee before the work day and view the latest inventory in island shops.
• Annual Fall Membership Dinner
• Spring Member Party
• Committee Involvement – PR/Marketing, Events, Community Initiatives/Student Mentoring Committees as well as a new Ambassador Program slated for the fall ensure our members become part of the process and are getting the most for their membership. Consider getting involved!
• Educational workshops – Recent monthly offerings have included Time Management, Team Nantucket Customer Service, free One-on-One Business Advisories through MA Small Business Development Center, Social Media, and Packaging Strategies.
“The most exciting thing was the (Team Nantucket) Customer Service workshop that we all attended.”
Legislative Advocacy & Monitoring
• Advocacy at the local, state, regional and national levels for our island business community
• Governor’s Advocacy on Travel & Tourism – our Chamber represents Nantucket on the Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism (MOTT) council.
• Representation on various Town committees and initiatives including parking initiatives, Fourth of July fireworks, downtown revitalization and more
• Student Mentoring activities - providing Nantucket students with job fairs, summer internships, the Honor Roll Card, School-to-Work opportunities and scholarships.
• Cooperation with other non-profit organizations to benefit the community.
“As an island non-profit, we feel that joining the Chamber and taking advantage of the services they offer have helped spread the word of our mission and inform the public of events we offer.”
“The Chamber is one of the best ways to ensure growth of our business and community. Without a healthy Chamber, our community would not be as strong as it is.”